Annette Sheppard -- Curriculum Vitae
40 Pearl Street, Unit 116, Smiths Falls, ON K7A 5B5
Phone: (613) 283-2593, Email: email@example.com
Bio & Statement
Annette (ne Laflamme) Sheppard was born in Gaspe, Quebec, lived in Saint Jeanne DArc and Montreal, Quebec and Ottawa, Ontario, before moving to Smiths Falls. She has been living in Smiths Falls since 1981.
Works are available in oil paint, and watercolour. I also create soft bodied, dolls which she endows with porcelain limbs and head and which she costumes and paints.
I like to paint works that are photographically realistic. I love colour and detail. My favorite subjects are specifically animals and children, and people in general, landscapes and religious themes. I am inspired by the idea of capturing a moment in time.
Shows and Exhibitions
- 2007 26th Annual Art Show and Sale Heritage House Smiths Falls, ON
- 2007 The Colour and the Canal Art Show Smiths Falls ON
- 2007 Rideau Canal Museum - 175th Anniversary (1832-2007) Art Show
- 2005 Century 21 Real Estate Smiths Falls ON
- 2003-2004 Rideau Lake Artists - Wesport ON (Member)
3 Paintings per month exhibited on a rotational consignment basis within a set list of commercial venues, which registered for this service.
- 2001-2005 Smiths Falls City Hall - Smiths Falls ON
Galleries and Shops
- 2007 The Roosteraunt, Smiths Falls ON
- 2001 Les Artisan Gift Gallery, Smiths Falls ON (Porcelain Dolls)
- 2006 St. Lawrence College, Brockville,
Nine week studio watercolour life drawing course.
- 1978-1979 High School of Commerce, Ottawa, ON
Art classes with Ted Radema (design), Daphne Collier (life drawing), Wilma Pinkus (still life), Judy Kirsch (print making) John Maxted (illustration).
- 1974-1977 Five Below, Ottawa, ON
Night classes with Peter Corbet (oil painting)
- 1957 St George Williams College, Montreal QC
Advertising, Draughtsmanship and Perspective